- Length – 0.75 meters (~29.5 inches)
- Width – 2.2mm
- Features a connector on each end so you can string together multiple colors of EL wire using just one power source
- Emits light 360 degrees down entire length of wire
- Steady on and slow flash modes
- Cold to the touch
- Resistant to water and ice
- Needs an AA or AA+ inverter
Our EL Wire consumes roughly 50mA per meter. We sell 1m, 2m, 4m, and 6m lengths. They would use 50mA, 100mA, 200mA, and 300mA respectively.
AA batteries are about 2500mAh, but they are running 3V, and it takes more juice to power the units, so it is 60mA per meter.
Example: That is 240mA for the 4m unit which means roughly 10 hours. This will vary depending on your choice of AA battery quality.
Alkiline battery calculations are problematic because the power drain is not exactly linear, so the numbers are only approximate.
The inverter will probably shut off before the battery is fully out of power.